Wabedo - Little Boy - Cooper - Rice Lakes
Welcome to the WLBCR Lakes Association
Click on the drop-down box on top to see the entire site menu
The WLBCR Lakes Association was established in 1962 as the Wabedo Lake Improvement Association.
Its purpose and goals were to maintain and improve the natural environment in and around the lakes for future generations to enjoy.
Little Boy Lake joined the association in 1986 and Cooper and Rice Lakes in 1993.
After changes over the years, today our purpose is still very similar to the original purpose: to ensure our beautiful lakes and their environments will survive to be enjoyed by those generations which follow us, to promote the welfare of the people, and to improve the conditions in and around Wabedo, Little Boy, Cooper and Rice lakes.
Efforts are directed toward realizing the following objectives:
- To maintain and improve the lakes fisheries
- To maintain and improve the lakes water quality
- To promote safety
- To provide educational materials to Association members and lake users
- To enhance the beauty and aesthetic qualities of the lakes and their shoreline
- To present Association positions to authorities in support of our mission
- To engender neighborliness and promote a spirit of community
- To maintain a directory of property owners who own property on Association lakes.
We have 350 homeowners on the 4 lakes with membership around 50%. Current membership dues are set at $20 annually, and we encourage all lakeshore owners to join. Better yet, join and become involved!
As Margaret Mead put it, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
So join our small group and let's make a difference!