Courtesy Boat Decontamination Provided by MN DNR
Boaters can have courtesy decontamination done at dozens of locations around the state of Minnesota. The decontamination units and DNR-authorized watercraft inspectors help to comply with invasive species laws and reduce the risk of spreading aquatic invasive species. For detailed information visit: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/invasives/watercraft_inspect/courtesydecon.html
Courtesy Decontaminations: What to expect
- The crew will be working at an open public water access.
- Watercraft entering and exiting the water will have priority. You may have to wait.
- Inform the inspector that you are there for a courtesy decontamination.
Before your visit:
- Call the contact person listed for the site to confirm the unit is present.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the posted end time.
- If you are traveling with prohibited invasive species attached to your watercraft (such as zebra mussels) please print out and complete a permit before traveling.
Decontamination station map for Cass County: http://cms4.revize.com/revize/casscounty/document_center/esd/AIS/1Decon%20Map-p.pdf.